View count: 16821
For the past few years, 60-65% of each year's graduates have pursued advanced study in one or more of the following ways:
● by by applying to a foreign/domestic Master/Ph.D. program in Public Health, Environmental Medicine, Health Care Administration, Industrial Hygiene, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, etc.
● by applying to a non-degree program such as the Secondary School Teaching Program, Biotechnology Program, Genomics and Proteomics Program, Systems Biology and Bioinformatics Program, Biological Statistics Program, Infectious Disease Program, Geriatrics and Long Term Care Program, etc.
Most DPH graduates pursue a career as one of the following types of health care professional:
1. Governmental Official
Some graduates of DPH take certification tests for Health Administration or Health Technology as they choose to take up public service work. Because students in Environmental and Occupational Health are closer to the field, they often
also take certification tests for Environmental Examination, Environmental Protection Administration, Environmental Protection Technology, and Occupational Safety.
Some students sign contracts with specific institutions for jobs. The institutions that make contracts with students include the Department of Health, the Environmental Protection Administration, the Centers for Diseases Control, and county or municipal departments of health.
* Graduates from DPH can also get professional engineering qualification through professional engineer tests to become industrial safety engineers, industrial & mine safety & health ngineers, or occupational safety & health administrators.
2. Statistical Consultant
Some graduates serve as statisticians in the Center for Drug Evaluation in Taiwan. Many graduates also work for medical management consulting company , hospit l , pharmaceutical companies, and biotechnology companies. Some of our students are employed in related domains around the world.
Many graduates from DPH work in various, insurance companies. These companies require additional learning and procurement of licenses.
4. University Faculty Member
You can find many graduates from the DPH working as a teacher or a lecturer in departments related to public health in universities such as National Taiwan University, National Cheng Kung University, Taipei Medical University, National Yang-Ming University, China Medical University, Chung Shan Medical University, National Defense Medical Center, as well as Fu Jen Catholic University. Some of our graduates also work in foreign universities such as Harvard University, North Carolina State University, Case Western Reserve University, University of Nebraska, Tulane University, etc.
5. International Organization Staff Member (INGOs, NPOs, etc.)
Many graduates work for Non-Government International or Non-Profit Organizations that focus on public health issues. Some organizations include Luke International Norway (LIN), Good Shepherd Social Welfare Services, and the World Health Organization (WHO).
6. CRO Researcher (Contract Research Organization)
Some of our DPH graduates are in charge of preclinical tests for new drugs in pharmaceutical companies.
7. Media Professional
A number of graduates are journalists of medical- and health-related media or editors of health care magazines such as Common Health Magazine.
8. Medical and Healthcare System Administrator
Administrative, executive, information and management affairs in public or private medical institutions, long-term care providers, the health industry and the World Health Organization (WHO) are also job choices for our graduates.
9. Professional in an Industry such as Environmental and Occupationional Health
Our graduates may work as risk assessment managers, health management professionals, or food examination analysts. Among them, a few work as consultants for industrial safety and health projects in Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) and risk assessment planners in Energywell Technology Co.,Ltd.