NTUDPH Core Competencies
By receiving a Bachelor of Science in Public Health degree from NTUDPH, students will be expected to attain the following public health competencies:
1. Describe the key concepts of public health.
2. Recognize the basic principles and methods of biostatistics and their applications to public health practice.
3. Recognize the basic principles and methods of epidemiology and their applications to public health practice.
4. Recognize basic concepts of health policy and explain effective public health strategies for promoting health for all.
5. Recognize the basic concepts and theories of human behavior and social science and how they used in achieving health promotion for all.
6. Identify approaches to assess, control and prevent environmental and occupational hazards that are risks to human health.
7. Explain public health issues with the global health perspective.
8. Apply public health knowledge and skills in practical settings.